Text Message Banking
What is Text Message Banking?
Text Message Banking is a service provided by your financial institution that allows you to retrieve your account balances and recent transactions anywhere, anytime, just by sending a text message from your mobile phone.
How does it work?
Just text a short command to the designated number, and you will quickly receive the information you want. Here are some of the requests you can make with Text Message Banking:
- BAL — Current and available balances for a primary account you designate
- LAST — The last five transactions in your primary account.
- BAL ALL — Current and available balances for all your checking and savings accounts
Is it secure?
The Text Message Banking service is secure. You can activate the service only after logging into our internet banking site. Text messages will never contain confidential information about you or your accounts and will never contain full account numbers.
How much does it cost?
The service is free, though message and data rates may apply.
How do I sign up for Text Message Banking?
If your credit union or bank offers Text Message Banking, you can sign up for the service at your financial institution's online banking site. Just login and look for the mobile banking tab.
Text Message Banking Services Terms and Conditions
Thank you for using Text Message Banking Services, hosted and powered by Digital Insight. Message and data rates may apply to using this service. For help text "HELP" to the short code listed on the web site. To cancel your text message banking service, send a text "STOP" anytime. You can also cancel the service by logging into internet banking, going to the mobile banking tab, and deactivating the service. In case of questions please contact your financial institution’s customer service.
Any personal information that you may share with your financial institution is kept absolutely private. Neither your name nor anything about you is sold or shared with any other company. Occasionally, we may contact you to make you aware of upcoming products or specials. However, we do respect your right to privacy and will not send notices if you contact us and ask us not to.
Terms and Conditions
- Program: Your financial institution offers its end users mobile access to their account information (e.g., for checking balances and recent transactions) over SMS, as well as the option to set up alerts for their accounts. Enrollment requires identification of the user's banking relationship as well as providing a mobile phone number. The mobile phone number's verification is done by the user receiving an MT message with a verification code which they will have to enter on the website. Additionally, customers may select the type of alerts and other preferences which will determine, together with their account data, the frequency of alerts delivered to the customer. This program will be ongoing. Message and data rates may apply. Customers will be allowed to opt out of this program at any time.
- To Stop The Program: To stop the messages coming to your phone, you can opt out of the program via SMS. Just send a text that says "STOP". You'll receive a one-time opt-out confirmation text message. And after that, you will not receive any future messages. You may also opt out of the program online via the Mobile Banking & Alerts tab of your financial institution.
- Deactivating mobile phone number: If you deactivate cellular service for the mobile phone number that you enrolled in the Text Message Banking Service, you are responsible for deactivating that same phone number as described in how To Stop the Program above.
- Terms & Conditions: By participating in the Text Message Banking Services program hosted by Digital Insight, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions presented here.
By participating in the Text Message Banking Services program hosted by Digital Insight, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions presented here.